Wednesday 4 July 2012

Hair removal - do you?

This post is inspired by Those Pesky Dames. I have just finished watching the show Cherry Healey - How To Get A Life, shown on BBC3, in which the Dames featured.

Those Pesky Dames are 'five women shouting about feminism, thwarting patriarchy and generally annoying mysogynists' says their YouTube where the women can be found. As well as Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. As soon as I get to a computer I'll be watching all their videos!

In the show, the main focus point of the women was the fact that they did not remove their body hair. Unfortunately these days, most people frown upon lack of hair removal in women. Seeing it as dirty, manly or for hippies.

This view infuriates me beyond belief. I believe it is the individuals choice with what they do to their body hair, or don't do! I will admit, I do remove my body hair although not religiously. I remove it when it gets uncomfortable for me, not because someone else thinks I should. Sometimes that's weeks, other times its months. It's up to me.

That's the point that not a lot of people seem to grasp. It's YOUR choice what you do with your body. Don't let other people dictate what you do with it.

And on that note, what do you do with your body hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'm very thankful! I try to reply to all the comments left but if you need a quicker answer, tweet me @ivorysmoke or email me at alana.m.mullen@gmail.com